Harmful Sexual Behaviour: New Multi-Agency Training Course
Research tells us that anywhere from one fifth to two thirds of child sexual abuse is committed by children and young people. Therefore, understanding, responding to and supporting young people who display harmful sexual behaviour is an area of practice that professionals need to consider. During March 2022 we are running two Understanding Harmful Sexual Behaviour multi-agency courses.
We are running Understanding Harmful Sexual Behaviour multi-agency courses that are NSPCC approved and participants will:
- Develop their understanding of harmful sexual behaviour as a continuum.
- Consider the risks and needs of children who present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Explore the possible impact of working with children who have sexually harmed.
- Consider the characteristics of children who present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Explore the underlying reasons why a child might present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Consider the impact for the family.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at any practitioners who work with children and young people and who would benefit from a greater understanding of harmful sexual behaviour and how best to identify and respond.
These sessions are free to all professionals.
- Monday 7th March 2022 9.30am – 4pm Delivered as an interactive online course via Microsoft Teams.
- Thursday 31st March 2022 9.30am – 4pm Delivered as an interactive online course via Microsoft Teams.
How can I book a space?
You can book a space using our online booking system. Please follow the link below to see availability and reserve your place. If the course has availability it will show in bold in the calendar and will appear as a colour circle when chosen. You will get a confirmation email that you have a place along with a calendar invite. Please check your junk mail in case it appears there.
If the date is fully booked it will appear greyed out. There will be an opportunity to attend future sessions as this course has been included in our 2022/23 training programme. We will be posting the dates for this very soon so please keep checking our website.
Pre-course Reading Material: