Harmful Sexual Behaviour: Face to Face Full Day Course 9.30am – 4.30pm
Course Description and Outcomes
Research tells us that anywhere from one fifth to two thirds of child sexual abuse is committed by children and young people. Therefore, understanding, responding to and supporting young people who display harmful sexual behaviour is an area of practice that professionals need to consider. Participants will:
- Develop their understanding of harmful sexual behaviour as a continuum.
- Consider the risks and needs of children who present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Explore the possible impact of working with children who have sexually harmed.
- Consider the characteristics of children who present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Explore the underlying reasons why a child might present with harmful sexual behaviour.
- Consider the impact for the family.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at any practitioners who work with children and young people and who would benefit from a greater understanding of harmful sexual behaviour and how best to identify and respond.
This course is free to all professionals.
How can I book a space and what are the dates and times?
You can book a space using our Microsoft Form online application by clicking on the link below. We will confirm your space by email which will include the venue details.
The dates and times for the course are listed on our Microsoft Form online application.
Pre-course Preparation: This course asks participants to complete a pre-course survey. Please complete this by following the link below.