The Together for Childhood Plymouth Partnership, with support of Safer Plymouth (Community Safety Partnership) delivered a week long conference on how the City can seek to prevent sexual harm. The event was well attended and supported and has created a lot of conversation, activity and drivers for change. To support this ongoing work, this page contains Event Packs and Session Slide Packs to support shared continued learning. Please find below relevant links and access to materials and resources provided during the conference. Please note that all recorded sessions had the legal consent for recording.
Post Conference Event Pack.
Please click here for access to summary information and links to recorded sessions. Sessions available here include:
- Together for Childhood – a placed based approach to preventing child sexual abuse
- Understanding, preventing and responding to people who commit sexual abuse: Why community matters
- Circles South West; providing specialist support and management to people who have sexually offended in the community
- Devon and Cornwall Police; preventing adult offending in the community
- Dr Bartosz Zaniewski; harmful sexual behaviour in young men
- Working with Sibling Abuse
- Maree Crabbe; Making Violence Sexy? Pornography, young people and sexual abuse prevention.
- Young Voices (Together for Childhood Plymouth)
- Donald Findlater; Stop it Now
- Zoe Lodrick MSc, BA (Hons) Dip (psych), Dip (couns), UKCP
- Make Amends; Using restorative justice to heal and prevent harm.
Presentations used during the conference are available by clicking here